Lifestyle medicine is a holistic, evidence-based therapeutic approach to medicine that's proven to prevent, treat and often reverse disease. Lifestyle medicine practitioners focus on treating the root cause of disease as opposed to treating only its symptoms, which is the key to achieving long lasting health.
There are 6 key areas that are the focus of Lifestyle Medicine:
- With the support of our Registered Dietitian and Lifestyle Medicine personal coach, you will gain the knowledge needed to choose whole, plant-based, fibre and nutrient dense foods to provide for the needs of your body.
- Physical activity that is regular and consistent is essential for your overall health and disease prevention. If you need extra support, exercise coaching with Emkiro's experts can be integrated into your Lifestyle Medicine Program to help reach your health goals.
- Stress can negatively impact the functioning of your body. Emkiro's Lifestyle Medicine Program will provide you with tools and techniques to reduce and manage stress in order to improve your well-being.
- Substance Use
- Avoiding risky substances is proven to improve health outcomes. Learn from Emkiro's Lifestyle Medicine experts how to change your habits to reduce your risk of certain diseases, such as heart disease and many cancers.
- There are many aspects of daily life that negatively impact sleep, which can lead to strain on your immune system. Emkiro's Lifestyle Medicine Program will help you identify and make changes to address the root causes of poor-quality sleep.
- Emkiro's Lifestyle Medicine experts will consider all aspects of your connectedness with others and engage in strategies to improve emotional resilience.
In choosing to make health your priority with Emkiro's Lifestyle Medicine program, you will be giving your body the opportunity to heal itself and reach optimal health through proven lifestyle changes.
Get expert support on nutrition, mental and physical health with Dr. Sheila Lakhoo, MD, CCFP, Board Certified Lifestyle Medicine Physician and Emkiro's Lifestyle Medicine team!